Filled with protein-dense peanuts and substances to provide you an actual vitality punch, these bars will carry you proper by means of to lunchtime.
- 125g unsalted vegan butter
- 150g delicate brown sugar or gentle muscovado sugar
- 125g crunchy peanut butter (no added sugar selection)
- 75g maple or date syrup, plus additional to complete
- finely grated zest of 1 orange
- finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 150g porridge oats (not jumbo)
- 150g muesli (resembling Dorset Cereals Gloriously Nutty or Merely Nutty)
Preheat the oven to 160°C / 325°F / Gasoline Mark 2–three.
Grease and line a baking tin, about 20cm / 8in sq.. Put the butter, sugar, peanut butter, maple/date syrup and grated citrus zests in a deep saucepan over a really low warmth. Depart till melted collectively, stirring on occasion. Take away from the warmth. Stir the oats and muesli into the melted butter combination till completely mixed. Unfold the combination evenly into the baking tin, smoothing the highest as you go. Bake for about 30 minutes till golden within the centre and golden brown on the edges.
Depart to chill utterly within the tin (it cuts significantly better when chilly), then end up and reduce into squares. These bars will maintain for five–7 days in an hermetic container. For one thing completely different, change the peanut butter with 1 medium-ripe banana. Mash the banana and stir it in in spite of everything the opposite substances have been mixed.
Recipe courtesy of Dorset Cereals who’ve simply launched their Restricted Version Spiced Carrot and Apple Muesli. Impressed by the moreish style of carrot cake, the scrumptious cereal is a ravishing mix of rolled and toasted flakes with carrot, dried fruits and crunchy pecans – spiced with warming cinnamon and nutmeg with no added sugar and vegan pleasant.