Welcome to Barf Bag, a day by day politics roundup that will help you type by the chaotic Trumpian information cycle.
Right here’s all of the shit we couldn’t cowl at the moment:
- Wow, you don’t say: a member of the Trump administration doesn’t appear to grasp how the Civil Struggle received began or what it was. As we speak, in a trolling interview with Laura Ingraham timed fantastically to line up with information of Mueller’s newly-announced indictments, Chief of Employees John Kelly referred to as Accomplice Gen. Robert E. Lee, who enslaved and tortured black folks and waged struggle in opposition to his personal nation for the suitable to proceed doing so, an “honorable man.” He additionally stated “the dearth of a capability to compromise led to the Civil Struggle,” which is inaccurate in about one million methods. However hey, definitely isn’t necessary for the West Wing to get the details of this nation’s defining struggle appropriate. Anyway, here’s something John Kelly won’t ever learn that’s price your time. [ABC News]
- Trump has determined that George Papadopoulos, a former marketing campaign advisor who pleaded responsible to mendacity to the FBI about his Russia contacts, is in truth a loser and a no one and who cares about George?? Nobody, and positively not Donald Trump! “Few folks knew the younger, low degree volunteer named George, who has already confirmed to be a liar,” the president tweeted. [New York Times]
- Talking of George Papadopoulos, right here is the story of one other man named George Papadopoulos who had a really dangerous day yesterday. [The Atlantic]
- Fb, Google, and Twitter testified to a Senate judiciary subcommittee at the moment on Russian interference within the 2016 election, conceding that the Russian disinformation marketing campaign was way more intensive than they’d beforehand admitted. [Washington Post]
- Hope Hicks might be interviewed by Robert Mueller’s group. [The Hill]
Listed here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.