Prep 60 minutes & prepare dinner 5 minutes, makes Four small mousses
With its subtler flavour white miso lends itself to the richness of chocolate. You really want a superb high quality darkish chocolate right here to stability the salty miso. Utilizing a blender will assist you to to get a clean, mousse-like consistency. Watch the caramel rigorously, it might probably rapidly change from amber to a bitter, burnt caramel. In the event you don’t have sesame seeds, toasted, chopped nuts work effectively too.
- Chocolate & Miso Mousse: 200g darkish chocolate (I exploit Inexperienced & Black’s 70%) 70g Medjool pitted dates 250ml pack coconut cream ½ tablespoon Tideford white miso
- Sesame Brittle: 50g sesame seeds 150g caster sugar
- Soften the chocolate over a bain-marie.*
- Put the dates, miso and 100ml chilly water right into a blender. Blitz till solely small flecks of dates stay. Add the coconut cream and blitz for approx 2-Three minutes, till clean.
- Add the chocolate to the coconut cream. Blitz for an additional 1-2 minutes till bubbly.
- Run the mousse via a sieve. Pour it into 4 moulds (or consuming glasses). Switch to the fridge for Three-Four hours, till set.
- In the meantime, line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Add the sesame seeds to a non-stick saucepan. Toast over a medium-high warmth for 1-2mins, till golden brown. Stir or toss sometimes. Tip the seeds right into a bowl or mug.
- Add the sugar to saucepan. Heat over a low warmth for 2-Three minutes. Don’t stir the sugar. When the caramel is amber in color, stir in your sesame seeds.
- Tip the caramel onto your ready greaseproof and rapidly unfold out into a skinny sheet. Put aside and permit the brittle to chill.
- Once you’re able to serve the dessert, smash the brittle into shards (a rolling pin turns out to be useful for this).
Ideas: *A bain-marie is made by putting a dry, heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. The warmth causes the chocolate to soften. Don’t let the water contact the underside of the bowl or combine with the chocolate. Alternatively, put the chocolate in a microwavable bowl and blitz for 20 second bursts, till melted. *Don’t stir the caramel as this can trigger it to clump. If vital, gently swirl the sugar round and transfer the saucepan in order that the warmth is directed to a specific space. The brittle will maintain in an air-tight container for 1-2 weeks.