Tourism in India is popular among several people because it offers a large number of options like wildlife tourism, adventure tourism, eco tourism, hill station tourism and beach tourism. Travel and tourism consists of several tastes which matches the preference of various tourists visiting India. For those who are fascinated by the beaches, Goa is the best available option for enjoyment. Goa which is located in the Konkan region is one of the famous tourist places in India. It is bounded by Maharashtra on the northern side, Arabian Sea on the western side and Karnataka on the eastern and southern side. The breathtaking beaches, the splendid climate, beautiful churches, lush sceneries and terrific temples are the common attractions in Goa that are hard to miss. So here is a list of top 10 places to visit in Goa.
Top travel destinations in Goa
- Lamgau caves: – It is a perfect destination for those who are seeking adventure in Goa. Small streams of water flow beside the caves and the caves are magnificently designed by artists.
- Bon Jesus Basilica: – At Bon Jesus Basilica, the lethal remains of St Francis Xavier, a patron saint of the Catholics, is preserved. This place is frequently visited by the tourists and it will take an entire day to cover the whole of Bon Jesus Basilica.
- Se Cathedral: – This cathedral is dedicated to St Catherine and is the largest church present in Goa. The interiors of this church are in Corinthian style while the outer architecture resembles the Portuguese style.
- Fort Aquada: – Fort Aguada is the largest fort in Goa which reflects the architectural beauty of the place. It is a great place to spend your entire day with your friends and family.
- Dudhsagar Lake: – Dhudhsagar Lake is situated in the Sanguem district of Goa. Those people who are nature and scenic beauty lovers show an inclination to this place.
- Candolim beach: – The beaches in Goa are famous destinations in India for those who reside outside India. Candolim beach is one such beach which is less crowded and clean as compared to other beaches in Goa and provides immense pleasure even in your short stay. Water sport activities such as water skiing and wing surfing are also available on this beach
- Madei Wildlife Sanctuary: – Goa even has something to offer for the wildlife lovers in the form of Madei Wildlife Sanctuary. This sanctuary is located in the Sattari Takula on the northern side of Goa. Various species of birds and animals can be seen here.
- Baga beach: – Baga beach is a small paradise for fishing lovers. It is one of the top beaches in Goa where tourists are quite frequent. It is the further extension of Calangute beach.
- Maya lake: – Goa not only has beaches and rivers but also has many lakes and Maya lake is one among many. This lake serves as a popular picnic spot for tourists where one can also enjoy boat rides.
- Anjuna flea market: – This market is located on the Anjuna beach where tourists come from various parts of the world and buy several goods including Nepali goods.
While visiting Goa for the first time, you can hire an India travel guide to help you out. They will also guide you about the reliable and luxurious hotels in Goa where your stay will be memorable for the rest of your life.